Floor Standing Speaker
2.5-Way Floorstanding Speakers
- 1 x ø25mm (1") tube-loaded aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1 x ø165mm (6.5") woven Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass-midrange
- 1 x ø165mm (6.5") woven Kevlar® fibre cone bass
- Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83v/1 metre)
- Frequency Response: 44Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Frequency Range: -6dB @ 34Hz and 50kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 150Hz, 4kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (minimum 3.0 ohms)
- Recommended Amplifier: 25W - 150W into 8 ohms on unclipped programme
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 910mm x 198mm x 300mm
- Net Weight: 18.2kg
- Finishes: Black Ash, Red Cherry,
The extended bass response and output capacity of the 2½-way 684 floorstander make it a great choice for hi-fi or home cinema in medium-sized to large rooms.
It features a new combination of a pair of Kevlar® cones for delivering its bass and midrange. The lower cone is dedicated to bass, which relieves the upper bass/midrange unit of the duty to handle heavy bass and leads to clearer, crisper midrange than you might find in smaller speakers. The Nautilus™ tube-loaded, aluminium dome tweeter, featuring a new surround material to improve spaciousness and imaging, adds needle-sharp top end all the way to 50kHz and beyond.
The improvements to the drive units in the new 600 Series make it possible, for the first time, to introduce a minimalist crossover to the range. The use of components that are fewer in number but higher in quality – hand-picked in exhaustive listening tests – reduces the degradation of the signal significantly. So, whether you’re enjoying hi-fi or home cinema, what you hear is that much closer to what was recorded.
Visually, a refreshed, contemporary design language and a widened choice of wood finishes allows the 684 to fit in effortlessly with any interior.